Test and Trace Support Payment form
The Test and Trace Support payment of £500 ensures those on low incomes can self isolate without having to worry about their finances. The Test and Trace support payment form to apply for this support is now available on our website.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, either because you’ve tested positive for COVID-19 or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Be currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
- Be employed or self-employed.
- Be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result.
You need to complete and submit our Test and Trace Support Payment form. To complete the form, you will need your:
- Council Tax account number.
- NHS unique ID number (which you’ll receive if you test positive).
- Proof of benefit.
- Name and address of employer, or proof of self-assessment if self-employed.
From 28 September, those with symptoms must self isolate by law. Anyone eligible for this new payment, who needed to self isolate from 28 September, will receive backdated payments.