A new community transport booking and advice line is being launched by East Surrey Rural Transport Partnership (ESRTP) on Tuesday 6 March. This single phone number (01883 732937) for residents who need community transport services in the Tandridge district will be open every weekday from 8.30am to 5pm to provide advice on the most appropriate form of transport available. Staff will be able to directly book residents on the services currently managed by the ESRTP or signpost residents to alternative providers if appropriate.
The dedicated phone number is 01883 732937 and residents can also visit www.tandridgecommunitytransport.org for more information.
The ESRTP runs the following services:
- North Tandridge Voluntary Car Scheme (formally called Caterham Car Scheme).
- Dial a ride service in the north of the district above the A25.
- Transport to the Douglas Brunton Centre.
- Tandridge Buses 4U demand responsive bus service.
- Taxi scheme (formally called Taxi voucher scheme).
Councillor Nick Childs, Chairman of the Community Services Committee, said: “Community transport is an invaluable service for many residents who would otherwise not be able to easily travel around the area. It’s great there is now a single booking and advice line which will make it easier for residents to access the excellent services offered across the district.”